Ring in the New Year in black-and-gold opulence, complete with bold jewelry and standout accessories
- GOLDEN TICKET For Joscelyn and Aaron’s custom wedding invitation (price upon request, cecinewyork.com), I wanted to evoke a feeling of opulence by featuring metallic damask patterns and silhouettes of crystal chandeliers.
- FESTIVE FLICKER Wow, what a gorgeously designed candle from D.L.&Co ($65, barneys.com)! Plus, it combines delicious notes of blackcurrant and fig.
- SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE This dazzling dress from Diane Von Furstenberg (dvf.com) is my idea of a smart party frock: short, eye-catching and totally unique.
- STAR CRAFT A mesmerizing crystal star adds a festive touch to Kenneth Jay Lane’s black enamel Star Cuff ($170, maxandchloe.com).
- BUBBLICIOUS A perfect New Year's Eve pair: Riedel’s platinum-rimmed champagne flutes ($44 for set of two, williams-sonoma.com) and these oh-what-a-special-night Grandeur Cocktail Napkins (celebrationsensations.net).
- GLITTER GIRL Deborah Lippmann’s Happy Birthday Nail Color ($18, barneys.com) is a grown-up way to have fun with glitter.
- PARTY ON To create a smoky eye with sparkle, try Bobbi Brown’s Sparkle Glamour Quad ($40, barneys.com).
- HIGH SPIRITS This embellished Giuseppe Zanotti black suede sandal ($879, giuseppezanottidesign.com) really is like jewelry. Pick your favorite LBD and you’re done!
- BLACK BEAUTY Nuits de Noho Chandelier ($380, bondno9.com) is a heady mix of jasmine, vanilla and patchouli that comes in a black bottle dressed with crystals. Now that’s what I call getting decked out.
- BASH BAUBLES Could there be a ring better suited for New Year’s Eve? This Marc by Marc Jacobs Party Girl New Year Ring ($68, shopbop.com) looks like the Times Square Ball that drops once a year.
Ceci New York